A strategy should not be a weighty document. It is a single outline of an objective and the means of achieving it. There may be a lot of work behind it – researching, thinking and planning. However, the strategy in itself should be all that hard work filtered down into a simple action plan – ideally a single sheet of paper. The strategy is not and end, but a starting point.
On our sister website there is a free, interactive, PDF guide to help you gather your thoughts and filter your thinking down into a strategy to help put your export communications plan into action.
It is based on a tried and tested approach to marcomms planning for home markets, but also flagging up issues that need special consideration when approaching export markets.
- What market environment facts do you need to consider?
- What market facts and data do you need to collate?
- What is the media arena in your chosen market?
- Who is your audience (or audiences)?
- What do you want to say to them?
- What action do you want them to take in response?
The interactive guide takes you through the process step by step. Use the link below to visit the site and download your free guide.